Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tulip Quilts

When the rush and fun of the holidays are over, my mind wanders to thoughts of the garden. I know, I know - many of you are still covered in snow but we all KNOW that Spring will come and I hope you prepared like I did by planting some bulbs in your garden.

I spent a few days over the holidays making some additional samples for my Ripless Paper Piecing class. It was fun thinking about the snowdrops, crocus, narcissus and tulips that will brighten my days in a couple of months. I had fun going into my stash to choose fabrics for these quick projects. 





I'll be teaching this technique for the Sagebrush Quilters Guild in Kamloops on Saturday, January 25th, at Kaleidoscope Quilt Company in Mill Bay (April 1, no fooling!) and also at Quilt Canada at Brock University in June.  Hope you'll join me to learn about the 'ripless' method. You will still have perfectly made blocks - and no paper to rip off when you're done!

No comments: